The Wenham Department of Public Works annual leaf collection will begin November 13, 2018 with one to two passes of loose leaf collection followed by a bagged leaf collection in December, if needed.
The DPW makes every effort to pass through each street twice, but due to the uncertainty of the weather this time of year, it is not always possible. Weekly status updates will be posted here in the News Feed.
Please use caution when moving loose leaves to the curb for pick-up and refrain from blowing leaves in to the road which can be hazardous to motorists.
Loose leaf collection will occur in the following order:
- West side of town, Maple Street at the Danvers Town Line and continue down Maple picking up the side streets, i.e. Birch, Burley, Puritan, Mayflower etc.
- At Topsfield Road, the DPW will head easterly, picking up all side streets and then westerly to the Hilltop Road/Burnham Road area.
- The DPW will continue to Cedar Street, then Cherry Street and all side streets off Cherry to Route 1A.
- The department will then jump to the easterly side of town at Grapevine and the Beverly line. From there, the DPW will head westerly down Grapevine Road, picking up all side streets.
- The DPW will continue on to Dodges Row, Walnut Street and Larch Row to Route 1A, then Fairview, Patti, Fiske, Lake, and Great Pond roads.
- Lastly, the DPW will pick-up Main Street, Arbor Street, Perkins, Porter and all side streets.
If needed, a bagged leaf pick-up will be conducted in December. In the event that we receive a significant snowfall, a bagged leaf pick-up will be conducted in the spring. All leaves must be placed curbside in PAPER BAGS or open trash barrels by 7:00am. No plastic bags are allowed.
Please contact the Wenham DPW with any questions at 978-468-5520 Ext #6.